- In order to submit and present a paper at WRITEconference 2017, an abstract of a maximum of 450 words must be submitted by Friday 21 October 2016.
- The abstract will be blind reviewed by the conference editorial board according to the criteria outlined in the following section.
- It should provide a detailed explanation of the research project or activity focussing on the conference themes and review criteria.
- Abstracts must be anonymous (ie all references to the author and their institution or organisation must be removed).
- The conference editorial board will decide whether to accept the abstract, and invite a full paper from the author, or decline the proposal as unsuitable.
- Should the abstract be accepted a full paper in support of the abstract must be submitted by Friday 13 January 2017.
- Full papers should not exceed 5,000 words, and must also be anonymised.
- The following areas are suggested as a guide for the content of full papers:
- All references must conform to the Harvard standard.
- On receipt of the full paper, a decision will be made by the editorial board either to:
- accept the paper, with no further amends required, or
- accept the paper, on the condition that the paper is revised to address any points raised by
- Final full papers must be submitted with any amendments requested by the editorial committee by Tuesday 28 February 2017.
- Full papers will be included in the conference proceedings in digital format, and the conference website.
- Authors will be required to submit a shortened version of their abstract (maximum of 250 words) giving a clear and concise overview of their proposed session for the conference programme.
- Authors of accepted papers will be assigned a 30-minute parallel session in the conference programme (as a general rule, allow 20 minutes for presentation, and 10 for questions).
- Authors must submit any supporting materials such as PowerPoint presentations to the conference editorial committee by Monday 13 March 2017.
- In the case of multiple authors, following acceptance of the abstract, at least one author must register to attend the conference by Thursday 15 December 2016.
In order to submit and present a poster at WRITEconference 2017, a 300 word abstract of the proposed poster must be submitted by Monday 10 October 2016.
The proposal will be blind reviewed by the conference editorial board according to the criteria outlined in the following section.
Proposals must be anonymous (ie all references to the author and their institution or organisation must be removed).
Accepted posters will be displayed in the main networking area throughout the conference.
Delegates will have the opportunity to put questions to authors on their research during the conference.
Posters should not exceed A1 size (841mm x 594mm) and may be displayed in either portrait or landscape format.
Authors will be required to mail their poster in hardcopy to be received by the conference venue by Monday 20 March 2017.